Saturday, May 5, 2012

Scott Shaw


Custom Simpsons Sketch and Comic Book signed by Scott Shaw

Notable Signatures: Scott Shaw, comic book artist known for his work on "The Simpsons" comics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Shaw_%28artist%29)

This year, I attended the Free Comic Book Day (www.freecomicbookday.com/) event at Golden Apple Comics in Los Angeles where I met Scott Shaw. He was drawing custom sketches for his fans (for free!) which had one of the longest waits that day. He was a really funny guy and even though I wasn't able to get him to draw my first choice (Mr. Sparkle!), I did get my favorite character, Ralph, drawn. Here he is drawing the picture: 


It's a little hard to see on the scans, but the blue pencil lines where we sketched the outline are still visible which I love. This guy was amazing on how fast he could draw certain characters! My favorite one I saw belonged to the guys in front of me: he drew them a shirtless Flanders in all of his buffness. It was hilarious!  

Drawing Inscription: "To Steve", "I Like Free Comics!"

I also asked him to sign a copy of the free Bongo Comics they were giving out:


In my best Comic Book Guy voice, "Best. Day. Ever!" haha

Method: In-Person
Date Received: 5/5/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment